Lord Feverstone's Commentary

Musings of a Christian monarchist on life, government, society, theology, etc.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Weight Loss Program

For the past month, I have been on a one-meal-per-day diet. There have been a couple of days where I have eaten more than one meal, but I have been consistent enough to the point I have been experiencing results-15 pounds to be precise. I have been substituting a cup of yogurt for one meal consistently for almost two weeks now, and it is making the diet slightly easier on the body.

It has not been as rapid a process as I would have hoped. I have constantly monitored my weight for some time now, and I have found it to fluctuate; nevertheless, I am slowly but surely losing weight. To help accelerate the process, I have decided to do more consistent walking; I have access to a nice park near my house with well-maintained, paved trails. It remains to be seen how much this will help me, but I am confident if I give it time, better results will be mine.

Currently, I weigh 175 pounds. My goal is to lose at least 30 pounds more. If I can keep making good progress, I can reach my goal conceivably by the end of October.

Some might wonder why I am so intent on losing weight. Well, I think I look fat. I have thought this ever since I started gaining weight fairly rapidly after March of 2001 due to some infernal medication. I never truly became fat, but I was still uncomfortable with my new weight. I wanted very much to return to being as thin as I was, and I have just recently decided to take serious action and see it through.

While my methods are admittedly less than ideal, they work well. Hopefully soon I can be content with my weight again.

4 Comments:

Blogger KellyMac said...

You have admirable willpower, sir. I believe you could accomplish anything you set your mind to.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Lord Feverstone said...

I wish I could share your optimism.

Implementing this diet has been a relatively easy matter, but I have not been as strict as I would prefer; for example, yesterday I did eat two meals, but one meal was relatively small. I hope to compensate throughout the next few days.

One matter which has made the implementation slightly complicated is the fact I still live with my parents. When I have to work in the evenings, it is an easy matter for me to avoid eating supper. I do not intend to tell my parents, "No, I will not be eating supper tonight, because I am on a diet." This diet is not at all dissimilar to the diet I implemented before, and they were less than fond of it. They probably have guessed I am on a diet, but I am not sure.

It has definitely become easier to deny myself food once I am accustomed to doing so; consequently, my willpower is not taxed as much.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Fred X said...

I was wondering: how tall are you comrade?

175lbs makes a big difference if you are 6'4 or 5'4

Just curious...

Fred

9:23 PM  
Blogger Lord Feverstone said...

> 175lbs makes a big difference if you are 6'4 or 5'4

I am 5'7".

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home