Lord Feverstone's Commentary

Musings of a Christian monarchist on life, government, society, theology, etc.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Newly Cyst-less

For about a couple of years now, I had a small cyst on the back of my upper left arm. When I first showed it to my doctor, he said it did not look serious and offered to cut it off if I so desired. Since I did not fancy the prospect of being cut, I declined. At an appointment on the third of this month, I decided to reluctantly take him up on his prior offer, since I found it to be an annoyance; he took another look at it and was slightly worried about the redness at the base; he thought it could mean I have skin cancer, so he scheduled an appointment for today in order to have it removed and then sent off to a pathologist.

I still did not fancy the prospect of being cut, so I was quite nervous about my appointment. I was told they were going to numb it sufficiently so I would not feel anything other than pressure; nevertheless, I figured with my luck the numbness would not last. Thankfully, I was wrong. During the whole process which took around 40 minutes, I was on my side. I am not proud to say I am quite a pussy, so I was occasionally trembling at the prospect; however, I was able to keep sufficiently still so as not to interfere with the work of the doctor and the nurse. I tried not to think about what was happening, but it is rather difficult to keep my mind on anything else. I was praying throughout the preponderance of the procedure that the numbness would not wear off, and thankfully my request was granted.

It is nice to know this business is mostly over. I still have to wait for the results of the test, but I am hopeful this is not a sign of skin cancer. I will have to change my dressing for the next ten days until the stitches are removed. Hopefully, the wound will not become infected; the antibiotics I am on should see to it. The bandages were initially rather uncomfortable, but I am growing more accustomed to them. I am not in any pain, and I hope this will continue. If only I can avoid sleeping on my left arm tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger KellyMac said...

I had one cut off of my thigh several years ago. Luckily, it turned out to be benign, but there's no point in taking chances. Let us know how it turns out.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Lord Feverstone said...

> Let us know how it turns out.

I will post an update as soon as I know, which may not be until after I have my stitches removed on September 8th. My doctor did not mention how long he expected the process to take.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home