Lord Feverstone's Commentary

Musings of a Christian monarchist on life, government, society, theology, etc.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Family Violence In America

I came across Family Violence in America after spending some time browsing Stephen Baskerville's web site. I first read some of Baskerville's material a few years ago, and it has helped shape my views on family and fatherhood. The Family Violence in America report is a lengthy read, but it is quite an informative resource; I suggest everyone who wishes to research this issue to read it in its entirety. At the end of the report, there are quite a few endnotes to facilitate further investigation.

In order to properly address this issue, it is time to abandon feminist ideology, which seeks to blame fathers exclusively. I agree with Baskerville that the "accepted wisdom" on family violence is helping to undermine, not strengthen, the family.

Phyllis Schlafly provides a similar, yet shorter, article, which I would also encourage everyone to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home